Formerly THE LEADER LOUNGE.
Get all your Youth Ministry resources plus a whole lot more on family & education.



Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Marriage Show

I few months ago my wife & I attended "The Marriage Show" at Summit Church in Orlando with some friends.  A mix between the Tonight Show & Dr. Phil, "The Marriage Show" uses music, a special guest, scripture, audience games, and a butt load of humor to give couples a night of fun in addition to tools to make their marriage more fulfilling.  And, since it's at Summit, you get to eat & drink in the sanctuary.  How cool is that?

The show is based upon 7 Fundamentals for a Healthy Marriage and the host of the show, James Raffenaud stresses them throughout.
  1. God is in charge.
  2. Make it a priority ("it" is your marriage).
  3. Communication matters.
  4. It's not about you.
  5. Sex and romance, both are important.
  6. Never quit.
  7. Adapt to change.
How great is this show?  I cry (for happy reasons) through most of it and when he issued the 7 Day Challenge - 7 straight day of having sex - I about wet my pants. Now I'm Pavlov's dog.  I can't stop going to this deal.


Now the website is up.  It includes some video, a blog, and rumor has it, a podcast soon will be available.  In addition, you can follow James on Twitter and get marriage tips straight to your cell phone.

If you're in Orlando, you'll definitely want to check it out in person.  For those of you elsewhere, bookmark the website & check back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment