Formerly THE LEADER LOUNGE.
Get all your Youth Ministry resources plus a whole lot more on family & education.



Monday, March 1, 2010

All Alone

I've been known to stay on the pot for quite a while. I'm not sure how God feels about it, but many of my best quiet times take place there. I'm an adult, though. I can get up whenever I want. Not so with my daughter.
Today after all my 11 little ones had gone home from school I left my classroom to go pick up my “real children”. One of Emily’s teachers met me in the hall and handed me Emily’s tote bag. I thanked her and said “Thanks for the bag but where is Emily?” She looked at me like I was crazy and said that the other teacher had dropped her off in my room. I went back to the room, no Emily. Her teacher checked her room, no Emily. We checked two more possible rooms and still, no Emily. By now there are 4 adults looking for her. About 5 minutes had passed and I was starting to get a little nervous and her teacher was frantic.

We finally looked in the bathroom of her classroom and there was Emily sitting on the potty. The substitute assistant had taken her to the bathroom about 15 minutes prior and got so busy with the other kids that she forgot about her. Emily was just waiting patiently for someone to come and help her. Her sweet teacher hugged her and started to cry a little while Emily was just smiling, as happy as ever.
She is just so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment